Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Unconventional Guide to Art + Money By Chris Guillebeau & Zoe Westhof

The Unconventional Guide to Art + Money is technically an e-book, I've printed it out, put it in plastic protector sheet and put it in a binder (I know I'm a total geeky girl when it comes to Back-to-school supplies) so it is on my bookshelf. This book has changed the way I think about marketing (I pictured a mustachioed greasy used car salesman in my minds eye). I now see it as a way to get my art in front of people who may feel a connection with it. There are practical tips and specific website recommendations. There are also MP3 audio files with interviews with artists who sell their work online, transcripts of these interviews and continuing updates from Chris. In art school and in college I was never taught how to sell my art. I'm really glad I found Chris Guillebeau's website and started my art marketing education. Thanks Chris!